Dec 11, 2019
In this week's episode of The Grocery Insider, in association
with HRA Global, we speak to Steven Esom from Product Chain.
Get to know Steven and the industry
The Grocery Industry and Retailers
- What changes have you seen in the industry since you
- Massive delayering on the retailer side - do you think this is
going to continue as part of the reconfiguration of retail?
- Can you see the challenge from the discounters changing in the
- Do you think the big box retailers will start to transform
their shops to be similar to that of the discounters?
- Are we seeing more subletting of retail plots?
Waitrose and M&S
- Where is Waitrose going over the next few years?
- M&S are in a unique position with a unique audience,
- Have we passed peak category management?
- New products on the shelf for a shorter period, is this
- Product chain - Is it tougher than ever to get and keep
listings, and to grow sales?
- Challenger brands concentrating on a proposition, marketing and
sales, is this the case with all?
- What impact is this having on the corporate structures of the
- Do you think BCORP will be mandatory in a few years?
The important questions:
- Where is grocery going to go next year?
- What piece of advice would you give someone starting out in the
industry right now?
- Thoughts on the John Lewis Christmas advert?