Aug 13, 2019
In this week's episode of The Grocery Insider, in association
with HRA Global, we speak to Ged Futter from GSCOP Ltd.
Get to know Ged (0 mins)
- How did you start working in food and drink?
- Working in retail
Defining GSCOP (3 min)
- What is the code?
- What does it do?
- What relationships does it regulate?
- When did you first hear about the code?
- What was your first impression of the code?
- The pressure for the code, in the early years the
expectations of the code was met?
The evolving of the code (7 min)
- What was the pivotal moment of the code?
- A change in dynamics
- A change of culture
- Do you think there’s a link between Tesco fortunes
and buying practices and the adjustment they have had to make?
- Should the code be changed?
The code in practice (14.30 mins)
- The code and own-label
- Confidence of suppliers
- Demographic of buyers and account managers
The challenges the code faces (20.50 mins)
- Pressure on the code from different
- The future of the code?
The role of government and how this impacts the code
- How does Brexit impact the code? Will this impact
on behaviour towards the code?
- Look forward - a change of government - do you
think the ground rules of the code could change?
What does the code not cover? (28.20 mins)
Have a question? Want to feature on the podcast in
our next series? Get in touch, we would love to hear from you