Jul 31, 2019
In this week's episode of The Grocery Insider, in association
with HRA Global, we speak to David and Alexis from Category
Get to know David and Alexis (0 mins)
- How did David and Alexis begin working in the food
- What was the thought process and aims behind Category
- Alexis' role in the business
- Scaling up the business in five years
Understanding Category (8.30 mins)
- Defining what category means
- Recorded before the Asda/Sainsbury's merger was decided, David
and Alexis' thoughts on this
- Will it happen?
Retailers (14.55 mins)
- Where will Tesco go now?
- Ranking of the retailers
- Where does Waitrose go from here?
- What are the aspirations of Waitrose?
- Post-potential merger, where does Sainsbury’s go
- What could happen to ASDA?
- Thoughts on discounters Aldi vs. Lidl changing
Emerging Markets (32 mins)
- When new markets emerge, how does this impact
Kantar/Nielson to categorise and code them to help us better
understand the market?
Have a question? Want to feature on the podcast? Get in touch,
we would love to hear from you - email@example.com