May 26, 2020
In this week's episode of The
Grocery Insider, in association with HRA Global, we speak to
Professor Lisa Jack from Portsmouth
For more insights, consultancy,
marketing and market research solutions, visit https://hra-global.com/
0 - 5:30 minutes -
- Introduction to Professor Lisa Jack and her move
into teaching from being an auditor in the public and private
05:45 - 06:50 minutes
- Will we seen an upsurge in food fraud in the
COVID-19 era? Do you agree with this?
- Prof Lisa discusses that the ‘head turn’ of
attention could lead to more food fraud and tightened margins.
06:50 - 08:50 minutes
- From a regulatory perspective, does this create a
more permissive environment for food fraud at the moment?
- Lisa discusses that a limit of resources can lessen
the amount of regulation and investigative powers.
08:50 - 13:40 minutes
- What’s your view of the impact on the food industry
and supply chains due to products not being able to be sourced
- Audits within the crisis: Lisa discusses the
challenges that the current crisis brings, as we are now not able
to view products in person and what impact this has on reliability
of its authenticity.
13:50 - 20:15 minutes:
- Do you think, with the drive to cheaper food, what
is the right response that the authorities should take to steady
- A number of manufactures have gone direct to
consumer, due to the closure of foodservice, with the lack of
higher authority standards, does this worry you?
20:15 -28:05 minutes:
- From a consumer interest, what do you think this all
does to consumer trust in food?
- Is the consumer more suspecting of food fraud
28:10 - 30:40 minutes:
- If you were advising a company now, what would you
say to them to not be impacted by food fraud now?
- How could they lock in the robustness of their
30:40 - 35:30 minutes
- In regards to Brexit, how will it play out in terms
of food fraud, as EU regulations are removed, will it leave a lack
- Lisa gives us the details on her Symposium ‘Futures
for Food’ on Thursday 28th May, details of this event and how to
register can be found here: https://bit.ly/Futures4FoodUoP
If you would like to feature on
the podcast or have any questions, get in