Sep 1, 2020
In this week's episode of The Grocery Insider, in association
with HRA Global, we speak to Joe Welstead, co-founder and CEO of
For more insights, consultancy, marketing and market research
solutions, visit https://hra-global.com/
00:00 - 08:48 minutes: Introduction to Joe
- An insight into Joe's former life as a professional swimmer for
Scotland and forage into sports management following his retirement
after the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- Joe describes his struggle to find performance enhancing
supplements that were also beneficial to his long-term health.
- How this gap in the market sparked the inception of Motion
08:49 - 13:31: Bringing nutritional supplements to the
- Joe discusses how the supplement market has expanded beyond
performance enhancements for athletes.
- How organic supplements can benefit the consumer
13:32 - 15:29: Sleep Hygiene
- How Motion Nutrition can benefit sleep.
- Joe's adversity to supplements being used as a sole tool to
enhance sleep and how he encourages a healthy lifestyle as a
foundation for supplements to work optimally.
15:30 - 27:14: The evolution of
- Joe discusses the importance of improving the daily well-being
of consumers, relieving stress and aiding a good night's sleep when
conceptualising new products.
- How the Motion Nutrition customer has inadvertently evolved
into a female-dominated audience through it's accessible branding
- Benefits of retail partnerships fo consumer convenience and
27:15 - 29:14: Influencer culture
- Are influencer partnerships still relevant and effective in
29:15 - 33:26: Joe's Favourites
- Joe shares his favourite well-being brands including Heckles
and Bare Biology.
33:27 - 40:39: Nutrition news and quick
- Hamish asks Joe his quick thoughts on emerging nutrition trends
and products including;
- Continuous glucose monitors
- Ketones and the Keto Diet
- Red-light therapy for better sleep
- SARMs and peptides
40:40 - Future of Motion Nutrition
- Joe discusses new product launches to keep an eye out for
including his interest in balancing hormones as mood stabilisers
and sustainable all-day energy supplements.
If you would like to feature on the podcast or have any
questions, get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org