May 1, 2020
In this week's episode of The Grocery Insider, in
association with HRA Global, we speak to Julie Waddell,
founder of Moorish Humous and Dips.
0 - 11:40 minutes Introduction to
- Julie talks to Hamish about how she started in food
- Julie then found her passion in culinary creativity
to start making humous.
- Hamish and Julie discuss the name ‘Moorish’
12 - 14:45 minutes: The supply
- How does Julie manage her supply chain in the good
and bad times?
- Julie discusses how the COVID-19 pandemic is
14:50 - 21 minute: Buyer relationships
- Do you think there will be a different relationship
with buyers (both retail and foodservice) when the crisis
- How a crisis can remove the surplus.
- Julie talks about whether we will see more brands
emerge from the crisis.
- Julie and Hamish discuss the rise in cooking skills
during the lockdown and whether this will increase a need in new
and different ingredients.
21:00 - 27:00 minutes:
- What would advise would you give to the aspiring
- What food and drink brands do you admire?
- What new areas are you interested in next?
27:00 minutes: Food service
- Is foodservice an area that Moorish is interested
If you would like to feature on the podcast
or have any questions, get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org