Jun 5, 2020
In this week's episode of The Grocery
Insider, in association with HRA Global, we speak to Martin Rand,
CEO of Pactum AI.
For more insights, consultancy, marketing and
market research solutions, visit https://hra-global.com/
00:00 - 06:15 Introduction to
- He was a project manager at Skype, moving into his
own company in farm management systems for farmers.
- A look into how Martin’s work with Walmart came
- An insight into how Pactum was started, by aiming
to make negotiations more efficient, to get better outcomes for
06:15 - 15:35 Pactum’s aims.
- The primary driver is a lack of resource from
- Where margins are squeezed, is AI better at getting
to the further reaches of their supply base?
- Pactum interacts through a ‘chat’ based system,
which aims to make better, more win-win, efficient deals for both
- Where does it gather its data from?
- What makes Pactum different in that this is a very
technical conversation between two specialists?
15:35 - 20:10 The ‘Bot’
- What is most important to the bot? Is it price,
quality, service level, footfall?
- Does this technology lose that important ‘human’
factor in the deals done?
20:10 - 23:25 Incorporating AI into your
- What advice would you give a food and drink brand
that has an AI approach from a retailer? How would you advise a
brand to engage with bot buying?
- How tough times allow companies to innovate
- What type of retail is interested in working with
23:25 - end: The future
- With the delayering of head offices, are companies
creating new roles to program, monitor and supervise the AI?
- Does this not create a two-tier supply base with
bigger suppliers with more selling power vs smaller suppliers
relegated to negotiating with the bot?
- 10 years from now, will the technology has taken
root and how wide do you think it will be?
If you would like to feature on the podcast
or have any questions, get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org