Jun 23, 2020
In this week's episode of The
Grocery Insider, in association with HRA Global, we speak to Jacob
Leadley, winemaker and CEO of Black Chalk and Fran Bridgewater,
owner and founder of Drinks Network.
For more insights, consultancy,
marketing and market research solutions, visit https://hra-global.com/
0:00 - 7:35 minutes:
- Introduction to both Fran and Jacob.
- Fran gives us an overview of the English Wine
- Is English wine still an onlooker or is it starting
to make a dent in the volumes of European and New World wines?
07:35 - 16:10 minutes: Jacob and Black
- Jacob tells us about his journey to creating Black
- How the name of Black Chalk wine came about.
- How do you choose the grapes and the ratios within
the wines that you produce?
16:10 - 22:40 minutes: The
- When creating the alchemy of the wines, is there a
consumer in mind within this process?
- Jacob, are you going to bring out a third
22:40 - 30:10 minutes: The
- Are you seeing a resurgence of wine, with a bounce
- Jacob discusses his increase in driest sales.
- We hear about Jacob’s huge social media success to
bring together and help English wine makers, The Big English Wine
30:10 - Social and Environmental
- What sorts of things do you do to keep on top of
your social and environmental impact?
- Jacob and Black Chalk is a member of the UK
- Fran, what names should we look out for in the
English wine scene?
If you would like to feature on
the podcast or have any questions, get in